The Independent Aquatic Program has been designed to meet the needs of those who will benefit from exercise in an aquatic environment where the water temperature is maintained at therapeutic levels, i.e., between 92-94 degrees.
Our therapeutic pool helps people of all ages and can be incorporated into many personal rehabilitation plans to improve physical strength, joint mobility, balance, coordination and endurance.
NEXT STEP Class:
Supervised by an Instructor, this session allows individuals to perform self-directed aquatic exercises at their own pace. This program is an ideal progression for our physical therapy patients as a transition to an independent program.
Please note that all classes are “NEXT STEP” Classes. There are no Aerobics or Stretching/Strengthening Classes offered at this time as participants need to wear masks at all times, even while exercising in the water.
Independent Pool Schedule:
Note: Schedule subject to change. All classes are 45 min long. Maximum of 4 participants in each class.
$20/Session. Payment is due, in full, at each pool session. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card. These payments will be accepted by the receptionist at the front desk when you check in.
Scheduling Your Aquatic Therapy:
Participants can sign up for a class at the Outpatient Therapy front desk or by telephone at (518) 691-1451. You may sign up for classes up to 1 month ahead of time. There will be a maximum of 4 participants in each session; each session is 45-minutes in length. The Outpatient Department will make every effort to reschedule pool sessions that the Department cancels.
- You can sign-up with our receptionist, either in person or by telephone at (518) 691-1451.
- Prompt arrival to your session is appreciated and will allow you the most time in the water. You are required to bring your own towel and to rinse off prior to entering the pool. Showers after the pool must be limited to 2-minutes and participants are not to remove their bathing suit while showering.
- If you are unable to attend a session that you previously signed up for, please call to let us know, as there may be a waitlist for the class.
- View/Download Independent Aquatic Medical Waiver
Please note the following COVID Protocols:
- The front door is locked, even when we are open; you will need to use the call box at the front door to be let in.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the building, including while you are in the pool.
- You will be screened each day you come. You must be symptom-free, and your temperature will be taken upon arrival. You may not enter our facility if you have tested positive for COVID or are currently in the quarantine period.