September 4, 2020
Interim COVID Visitation Guidelines
Woodlawn will allow safe and controlled limited visitation at the direction of the Department of Health, accompanied by strong infection prevention and control requirements and additional safety guidelines. This policy aims to safeguard and maintain the health and well being of residents and staff, while containing and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
In order to be eligible for visitation under this guidance, Woodlawn Commons must attest and ensure visitors adhere to the following requirements:
- Woodlawn sets the appropriate hours during which visitation may occur in order to implement appropriate disinfection between visits. Visitation will occur upon appointment only.
- Only 2 visitors per resident per appointment. All visitors should be 18 years of age or older.
- All visits must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. Same day requests cannot be accommodated.
- Visitation will be limited to outdoor visits only, weather permitting.
- Visiting resident in apartment or any other interior spaces is not allowed at this time.
- Visits will take place only in the designated locations as arranged by the facility.
- All visitors and residents must abide by 6 ft social distancing during the entire visit; Physical Touching is prohibited.
- Residents and visitors must maintain masks over mouth and nose on at all times.
- Eating or drinking during the visit is prohibited.
- Handing a resident items of any type during the visit is not allowed. Please continue to drop off items at the drop off table which is located at the main Harkness entrance.
- Visitation will need to be discontinued at any time if a confirmed positive COVID diagnosis of any staff or resident is received.
- Any visitor who has been quarantined due to a positive COVID test should inform the facility as soon as they become aware and have recently visited.
- Visits will be staggered to ensure adequate time to clean any common areas or high touch surfaces between visits.
- The facility will allow 30-45 minutes visits in order to maximize access to visitation by all residents.
- Prior to each scheduled visit, visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks by Woodlawn staff and shall be denied visitation if they report any COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, or have a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All visitors must sign in upon entry. Woodlawn will maintain a daily log of all visitors, which will include names, contact information (address and phone number, and email address if available) as well as the location within the Woodlawn/property that visitation occurred.
- Woodlawn commons encourages all visitors to bring their own face masks. Anyone arriving with no face mask will not be allowed entry/visit. The mask must be properly worn over the nose and mouth throughout the entirety of the visit. Visitors who mask inappropriately or pull mask down during a visit, will be asked to leave should the behavior continue.
- Residents must always wear a face mask after leaving the room and through the entire visit.
- Visitors must sanitize their hands upon arrival and at the end of each visit; Visitors are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer for frequent use, in addition to utilizing those supplied by Woodlawn.
- End of Life Guidelines will remain in place.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, the individual will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
Outdoor Visitation Plan
Limited Outdoor Family Visits will occur at the discretion of the facility to ensure a safe and controlled visit. All visitors must be familiar with the “Interim COVID Visitation Guidelines” set forth by the Woodlawn Commons.
If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, the individual will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency per the Department of Health Guidelines.
Visits can accommodate:
- Up to Three Residents visits at a time in the Woodlawn Courtyard area
- 2 Visitors Per Resident per appointment at a time
- 30-45 Minutes is the maximum time allotted for visits
- Visitors must abide by 6 feet social distancing from their loved one at all times during the scheduled visit, including no physical touching.
Hours of Visitation:
11am-6pm: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Visitation will occur upon appointment only and can be scheduled by calling Saranya Thomas (Director of Assisted Living at 518-691-1672), Nursing Office at 518-691-1572 or 518-691-1615 or Receptionist at 518-691-1560.
You will not be permitted on campus prior to 15 minutes before your scheduled visit. 5 Min. prior to your allotted time, you will enter through the Courtyard entrance near the Tillotson building (signs will be located by entrance) to undergo a symptom and temperature check by a Woodlawn staff member at the designated area in the Courtyard and shall be denied visitation if they report any COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, or have a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
All visitors must sign in upon entry. Woodlawn shall maintain a daily log of all visitors, which shall include names and contact information (address, phone number, and email if available), as well as the location within the Woodlawn property that visitation occurred.
All visitors must use hand sanitizer when they arrive and exit the visitation area.
All visitors are not allowed to hand off or drop off any objects/items to resident during the visit. Please continue to use drop off table which is located at the Main Woodlawn entrance.
Visitors must bring their own face mask. Anyone arriving with no face mask will not be allowed entry. The mask must be properly worn over the nose and mouth throughout the entirety of the visit. Visitors who mask inappropriately or pull mask down during a visit, will be asked to leave should the behavior continue. Visitors must place their face mask on as soon as they arrive on campus, and only remove after leaving campus. Visitors who refuse to wear a face mask will be asked to leave.
Visitors will be directed to be seated at the Woodlawn Courtyard, and at that time, Woodlawn staff will bring your loved one to the identified visiting location. Families should sit at the designated area that has your loved one’s apartment number displayed.
Visitation will be paused at any time if a confirmed positive COVID diagnosis is received on any staff or resident at Woodlawn Commons.