Long-Term Senior Care FAQs

Whom do I contact for admissions?

For questions regarding the admission process or to arrange a tour, please contact our Admission clerk at (518) 691-1442. To follow up regarding an application that has been submitted, please contact the Admissions Coordinator at (518) 691-1426.

Does Wesley provide rehabilitation services?

Wesley provides physical, occupational and speech therapy services for short term rehab as well as long term care residents. We treat a wide variety of conditions. Treatment plans are designed to meet the needs of the individual.

What is the staff to resident ratio at Wesley Health Care Center?

Although this seems like an easy question, the answer has multiple responses. Wesley’s staff to resident ratio can vary and depends on the mission of each unit and the time of day.

May I have my own doctor?

Medical services are under the supervision of a Medical Director. The medical staff at Wesley is under contract through Saratoga Hospital to provide primary care services.

May I leave Wesley to go on overnight stays?

Residents may leave the unit after signing out at the nurse’s station indicating where they are going and for how long. If leaving the facility for a long period, residents should notify your unit coordinator in advance so arrangements may be made for necessary medications while you are away from Wesley.

What is a health care proxy?

The Health Care Proxy law permits individuals to appoint a trusted person, such as a family member or friend, to make health care decisions should he/she lose the ability to decide for himself/herself. This appointment can be made by signing a form called a Health Care Proxy.

What is a Power of Attorney?

A financial Power of Attorney names someone to oversee your finances. There are several situations in which a person might want a fully-executed power of attorney. Most common is in the event you’re declared incompetent, and you are not able to act on your own behalf due to cognitive impairment often occasioned by Alzheimer’s or dementia. If you have a power of attorney completed prior to this event, it ensures that your personal affairs are overseen and looked after when you no longer have the ability to manage them on your own. This includes legal and financial matters. Please consult with your attorney to assure this document is completed properly.

What type of payment is accepted at the skilled nursing home?

Wesley accepts Medicare as well as Medicare HMO advantage and Private HMO plans based on our facility participation with the plans and providing that the resident meets skilled criteria required by these plans. In addition, Wesley accepts Medicaid, Managed Medicaid and Private Pay residents. We will also bill your Long Term Care insurance directly for reimbursement to the resident.

Schedule a Visit

Ready to come and visit The Wesley Community and see everything we have to offer? Contact us to setup a tour of residences and community.

Contact Us to Schedule a Tour