Many have asked how to help Wesley during this difficult time for our residents and our dedicated staff. Here are some ideas:
Ways You Can Help The Wesley Community During COVID-19:
- Make a donation to the Wesley Health Care Center Resident Enrichment Fund which provides resources to enhance the quality of life of Wesley Health Care Center residents. You can donate to this through the form below.
- Make a donation to the Staff Emergency Fund which provides emergency resources to staff members of The Wesley Community during an unexpected time of need. You can donate to this through the form below.
- Make a general donation to The Wesley Foundation through our General Fund. To meet the challenge COVID-19 presents, both today and in the future, Wesley is incurring significant costs beyond our normal operating budget. You can donate to the General Fund through the form below.
- Make a donation of non-perishable food items, paper goods or toiletries. These items will be available for staff and independent residents who are in need or don’t have access to stores during their off-hours. Please call 518-691-1420 ahead of time before dropping off anything as we have strict campus visitation guidelines in effect and someone will need to meet you outside.
- Purchase gift certificates in small increments from a local restaurant that we can use to order takeout for our dedicated staff. The staff is working diligently to keep residents safe and this would be a welcome treat. Please call ahead and let us know your plans so we can coordinate by calling 518-691-1420 or email email@example.com.
- If you would like to donate PPE (personal protective equipment), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-691-1420. We have strict limitations on what can be used in a medical setting; however items may be of use in other areas of our campus. We can only accept unopened boxes of this type of equipment and will need to verify with our clinical team before accepting it.
- If you would like to donate hand-made masks, we will make sure they are available to our independent living residents on campus who may not otherwise have access to these.
- If you would like to donate cleaning supplies, we are accepting them. This includes Clorox/bleach wipes, hand sanitizer and non-latex gloves. Please email us at email@example.com or call 518-691-1420. Please note that we can only accept unopened items.
If you have other ideas, give us a call at 518-691-1420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for thinking of us during this difficult time.
We also encourage you to support our local businesses in any way you can. Many of these community-minded businesses have supported our mission for many years. In addition, there are many non-profits that will be helping those affected by this event. Please do what you can to help others during this challenging time.