Family Guidance for Skype Video Calls with Residents
Family Guidance for Skype Video Calls with Residents
Updated 7/11/2020 – Please note that Skype visits are temporarily unavailable as our Life Enrichment team focuses on scheduling and coordinating window visits for our residents and families. Please see Current WHCC Visitation Guidelines for more details.
Due to the closure of Wesley Health Care Center to visitors, our staff members have worked to create a plan to allow our residents and their families the opportunity to skype.
*Please note, if you already can video conference with your loved one here on campus, please continue to do so in that capacity. This service is to allow our residents who will otherwise not see their loved ones the opportunity to do so. *
What you need to know:
- Skype accounts can be created with an email address or a cellphone number by visiting; https://web.skype.com/ or downloading the Skype app from the iTunes or Google play store. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by following their instructions.
- Skype video conference sessions for our residents and families are available during the time blocks of 8:30am-9:30am, 11:30am-12:30pm and 3:00pm-5:00pm. These need to be scheduled in advance by following the instructions below. This will help to ensure our staff can assist your loved one.
- These sessions will be limited to ten minutes per resident to ensure that there is equal opportunity for the residents to visit with their families. We will try to schedule at least one call per day on the day that they are scheduled.
- Residents who reside in an odd room number will be available to schedule a call on odd dates. As an example, a resident who lives in room #17 would be able to schedule it for the 15th, 17th, 19th This way we ensure everyone gets an opportunity to stay in touch. We will try to schedule at least one call per day on the day that they are scheduled.
- Please schedule these calls at least 24 hours in advance by using the SignUpGenius tool described below. This is to ensure that the staff on each floor can ensure the residents receives their daily care in accordance with their appointment. We also would like the opportunity to allow our residents to prepare for their virtual social interaction.
- There will be a tablet on each floor, so all floors will have schedules independent of each other.
How to schedule a call (NEW as of 4/2/2020):
- Families should follow the signupgenius.com link specific to the floor that their loved one lives on (these are listed below). You will need to create a unique account with SignUpGenius (this will be different than your skype account) to book a call. For more information on how to do this, please see our detailed “Family Guide for SignUpGenius”(Click to open as a PDF).
- When you login to SignUpGenius to make your appointment, please be prepared with the following information;
- Resident Name
- Resident Building and Room Number
- Telephone Number
- E-mail address
- Skype Username (mandatory)
To Setup A Call Time Using Sign Up Genius:
Create an account with SignUpGenius (See our Family Guide To SignUp Genius)
The Access Code to all Wesley SignupGenius Sites: WesL3y
Unique links exist to schedule a call for each floor, please follow the link of the floor that your loved one lives on to ensure that you are receive the correct username to call:
- Link for 2 Springs Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-family
- Link for 3 Springs Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-3springs
- Link for 4 Springs Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-4springs
- Link for 5 Springs Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-5springs
- Link for 2 Hathorn Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-2hathorn
- Link for 3 Hathorn Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-3hathorn
- Link for 2 Victoria Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-2victoria
- Link for 3 Victoria Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-3victoria
- Link for 4 Victoria Families: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DAAAA2AA5FC1-4victoria
- When you schedule the call, you will receive a confirmation email where you will find the username that you will be calling. It is essential that you are prompt with your call. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide extended time if you are late to your appointment as another resident may be waiting to speak to their loved ones during a scheduled time.
There is a unique Skype Username assigned to each floor, which you will need when logging in:
· 2 Springs – WesleySprings2@outlook.com
· 3 Springs – Wesleycomm107@outlook.com
· 4 Springs – Wesleycomm109@outlook.com
· 5 Springs – Wesleycomm103@outlook.com
· 2 Victoria – VictoriaResidents2@outlook.com
· 3 Victoria – WesleyComm101@outlook.com
· 4 Victoria – WesleyComm105@outlook.com
· 2 Hathorn – HathornBuilding2@outlook.com
· 3 Hathorn – HathornBuilding3@outlook.com
What you can expect when you call:
- You will be asked to call the Skype name assigned to your resident’s floor.
- You will need the floor username listed above (it will also be given to you in your confirmation email from SignUpGenius).
- We will create a quiet, private space for you to visit with the resident.
- You will have ten minutes to visit.
- At the 9 minute mark, we will provide a reminder that there is one minute left. Thank you for your understanding of this as we would like to provide this opportunity to as many residents as possible, as often as possible.
Please remember, this is only guidance with reference to Skype videoconferencing. You are still able to call and talk with your loved one on the telephone, with the same guidelines that have always been in place.