Dear Residents, Families and Friends of the Wesley Health Care Center,
In light of the approaching holiday season and our continued commitment to maintaining a safe environment, Wesley would like to share important information regarding leave of absence safety protocols and the designated areas for family gatherings to occur at our facility.
FAMILY VISITING/GATHERING SPACE:
An off-unit visiting space has been created in the Main Activities room on the ground floor in the Springs building for our residents and their visitors. Please ask the Springs receptionist upon entry to direct you to this location.
The Main Activities room visiting space, is a first come, first serve space with no pre-scheduled appointments necessary. This space will be available Thursday, 11/23/23 through Sunday, 11/26/23.
Large gatherings of over 4 visitors at a time are not recommended to occur on the unit, and we ask that the Main Activities room, Springs Courtyard, Civalier Conference room, or Resident Lounges be utilized to ensure social distancing occurs. Visitor travel to other units at this time is not recommended. Residents residing on quarantined units are asked to not leave their unit during their quarantine period and conduct visits in their room or in an isolated area on the unit.
COMMUNAL DINING DURING PEAK HOLIDAY VISITS:
Wesley must ensure that physical distancing can be maintained during peak times of visitation (e.g., lunchtime, after business hours, etc.).
Due to this, the following requirements are in place throughout the Thanksgiving weekend only:
- Communal dining spaces are limited to one visitor per resident during all meal service activities. During mealtimes (8a – 9a, 12p -1p, 5p -6p), if more than one visitor is present, visitors are asked to visit with their loved one in the resident’s room and not in the communal dining areas.
- If possible, utilize a lounge or private area to share a meal with your loved one away from other residents.
- Visitors are asked to please refrain from sharing a meal with their loved one in the communal dining area. A visiting space can be utilized.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
For residents leaving the facility for a short or extended period, we kindly request that you follow these steps, especially if you plan to take your loved one home for Thanksgiving. Please complete these actions by Friday, November 17, 2023:
- Notify the RN Unit Coordinator about the planned departure date, pick-up time, and return date. You can find their contact information on our website: https://www.thewesleycommunity.org/our-community/wesley-health-care-center/wesley-health-care-center-contact-information-by-unit/
- The Unit Coordinator will submit the Leave of Absence (LOA) Medication form to the Pharmacy team by Monday, November 20, 2023.
- If the resident and driver haven’t already completed car transfer training this year, they must demonstrate a successful car transfer by the November 17, 2023 deadline. This is a one-time requirement, except in cases of a change in your loved one’s condition. A therapy referral will be initiated at the time of notification to your RN Unit Coordinator, and the Therapy Director will schedule the evaluation. Both the resident and the driver must be available at the time of the evaluation.
- Safety is our top priority when residents leave the facility. We reserve the right to deny a request if the car transfer evaluation is incomplete or if the safety requirements for transportation are not met. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate same-day outing requests.
Wesley Health Care Center recommends using professional transportation services like Star Bus, Amazing Grace, or other vendors. If you opt for professional transportation, a therapy evaluation is not required. However, please remember to inform the Unit Coordinator in advance if you choose this option. The Unit Clerk can assist in coordinating transportation services if needed.
- Please ensure a family member signs your loved one out before leaving the unit to document their whereabouts.
- If you anticipate any changes to the expected return date and time, please notify your loved one’s unit or nursing supervisor.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and Happy Holidays!