March 25, 2020
Dear Outpatient Therapy Clients and Friends:
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the health risks it presents for our valued clients and our staff, Wesley Outpatient Therapy will be closed until further notice. We realize that this presents an inconvenience for many of you and hope that you will understand the rationale for this decision.
The health threat posed by coronavirus (COVID-19), in particular for our older clients, is extreme. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, older adults are among those most at risk of becoming seriously ill as a result of coronavirus. We have been closely monitoring the situation and following guidelines from the appropriate federal and state agencies in relation to this evolving public health crisis. Their guidance has led us to make the determination to close until further guidelines are received.
We will continue to recommend that all individuals take precautions to maintain their health and protect the health of others. The New York State Department of Health
recommends the following best practices:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations.
We understand the importance of our services to you, our valued clients, and assure you that this closure is necessary to best protect you, other clients, and our staff.
Jennifer Runkel, MSPT
Director of Outpatient Therapies, The Wesley Community