March 31, 2021
Dear Embury Residents, Family and Staff,
It has been just over a year since the Embury Apartments closed to all those except individuals who provide direct supportive services. We are forever grateful for your cooperation and understanding after we found it necessary to put strict measures in place to offer the safest environment possible for the residents at Embury. It has certainly been a trying year for all. At this time however, with 94% of the Embury resident population vaccinated, we have some exciting news to share with you.
We are very happy to announce that beginning, Thursday, April 1, 2021 Embury will allow visitors once again. To make this change as safe and successful as possible, please note the following guidelines:
- All persons, who are not residents, must be screened at the East Tower Screening Area before entering the Embury Apartments. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Visitors must be screened at the Embury Apartments. Please do not go over to the Springs Entrance at Wesley Health Care Center for screening. The Embury Apartments’ screening and visiting hours are Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm and Saturdays/Sundays 10am-3pm.
- Individuals that provide essential services: agency staff, aides, vendors may still go to the Springs Entrance Screening Area at Wesley Health Care Center if they arrive before or after Embury’s regular screening hours.
- Screening involves a temperature check, and answering questions regarding health, travel, and exposure to Covid 19. Visitation will be denied to anyone not passing the screening questions.
- Once screened, visitors should go directly to the apartment they are visiting. Please do not crowd the elevators. Appropriate social distancing should be the goal.
- Masks must be worn by visitors age 2 years old and up. Masks must cover the mouth and nose. Gators or bandanas are not acceptable as masks.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at the elevators and the screening table and should be used upon arrival and departure.
- Only two visitors should be in the apartment at any one time. This may be two adults or an adult and one child. All children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- Social distancing should be maintained between visitors and Embury residents and staff.
- Visitors may not linger in the tower lobbies or utilize the Embury Café. Essential support individuals may continue to purchase items in the café for the resident they are providing services to.
- As weather permits, outside visits are encouraged as these are considered safer.
Embury residents please note the following:
- At this time, even though the nursing home is allowing visitors, Embury residents may not travel through Wesley to get to the doctors’ offices or lab located there.
- If you wish to visit a resident at the nursing home, you will need to sign up on line at the following address: https://www.signupgenius.com/org/thewesleycommunity. The Access Code is wesl3y.
Should a positive Covid case occur at Embury, visitation to the affected apartment will be discontinued for 14 days. The Saratoga County Department of Health will advise the resident and any potential contacts of actions that they should take.
Visitation will be discontinued should there be an outbreak of Covid 19 within the Embury Apartments or if changes in Saratoga County warrant doing so. This would include a worrisome rise in infection rates, hospitalizations, or a need to adapt to concerns brought on by virus variants.
We ask that visitors be respectful should staff or residents request that you socially distance or pull your mask up. This is something we commonly remind each other to do at Embury and it could be expected residents would make the same requests to visitors. In addition, it is essential with the opening of visitation that you do not ask a resident to let you in without being screened. As a visitor, you must be screened and wear your visitor tag where it can be seen.
We are all in this together. Residents and staff at the Embury Apartments have made the health and well- being of all who live and work here a priority. Taking care of one another here at Embury is an important value that we share and to that end should there be any significant violation of the guidelines that endangers the health and safety of Embury residents and staff, visitors will be asked to leave.
We are so looking forward to bringing the warmth of family and friends back to Embury. Please come with a determination to keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible.
Donna Riendeau BSN, RN April Varnam, CASP
Embury Program Director/Health Advisor Operations Director