Wesley Health Care Center Visitation Requirements:
- All visitors (for anyone over the age of 2) must wear a well-fitting surgical mask or a mask of higher quality (i.e., KN95, or N95) at all times during any visitation at the facility. Cloth masks, Scarves, Buffs, Gators, or Masks with vents/valves are not permitted as appropriate masks. Just wearing a face shield is not permitted.
Screening for COVID-19
- All visitors are encouraged to take their temperature at the temperature kiosk upon entry, however this is not required.
- All visitors are still required to sign-in upon entry and sign-out upon exit at the kiosk at the Springs Main Entrance.
- All visitors are required to answer all screening questions on the kiosk upon entry at the Springs Main Entrance. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any questions on the kiosk, please exit the facility and defer from visiting for a minimum of 10 days.
- All visitors are encouraged to be vaccinated. Showing proof of vaccination will not be required as a condition to the visit.
Pre-Visit COVID Testing:
- All visitors entering the nursing home are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test upon entry. However, to mitigate the spread of the virus Wesley will continue to offer antigen rapid testing supplies at the door for all visitors.
- Wesley highly encourages visitors to consider testing on their own before coming to the facility (e.g., within 2-3 days).
- If you do choose to test on your own, you will not need to provide the result to a staff member for confirmation prior to entry, this is based on the honor system.
- All visitors who choose to test at their own discretion may use either NAAT (PCR) testing or antigen (Rapid) testing.
- Tests taken onsite at the discretion of the visitor should be conducted in the visitor’s car, and the visitor should remain out of the facility while pending their results. Visitors who may have difficulty conducting their own test are asked to bring an additional individual to assist them.
- If a visitor tests positive outside the building when testing at their discretion, he/she should not return into the building.
Please review our current visitation guidelines at this link –
Additionally, please watch the video below on the sign in process for visiting that is still in effect.
Appointments are no longer required for an offsite visit however:
- An off-campus visit can only occur AFTER a one-time therapy referral and car transfer training has been coordinated by the RN unit coordinator and approval is given. Please allow for at least one week notice to ensure training is conducted. This is a one-time observation with a therapist for any visitor requesting to leave the facility with a loved one for safety reasons. Please discuss your loved one’s level of function with the RN unit coordinator prior to scheduling any off-campus visit. Off-campus visits are not required to follow a timeframe.
Please make note that virtual visits require pre-scheduled appointments 72 hour in advance.
Scheduling will be shown on a 7-day rolling period.
Visitation scheduling can be found here: https://www.signupgenius.com/org/thewesleycommunity
Access Code: wesl3y
Please refer to the Wesley Health Care Center- Updated Visitation Plan 3-27-2023 for all details regarding visitation prior to contacting our Wesley team.
Further questions or concerns regarding visitation should be directed to the Life Enrichment Director Meghan DiMeglio, at 518-691-1480 or madimeglio(at)thewesleycommunity.org.